Thursday, January 19, 2012

How do we enter into a relationship with Jesus Christ?


We do this through belief in Him:

1. Repent of your sin and selfishness. Repentance is agreeing with God that you have been wrong and being willing to turn from that old life to a new life in Christ.
2. Receive Jesus Christ as your Lord (God and Master) and Savior (who takes away your sin).
3. Receive the Holy Spirit as the promise of what God will do in your life.
4. Thank God for His grace and the free gift that He has given you.

Jesus loves you. Have eternal life.

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. 17 "For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. 18 "He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

Jesus loves you.
Our only hope is in Christ. You can't get to heaven as you are because your sins have separated you from God (Romans 3:23). That's why God sent his only son to die for the sins of the world, to bridge the gap between God and man (Romans 6:23). If you were good enough to go to heaven on your own merit, Jesus' death, burial and resurrection would have been unnecessary.

If you would like to accept Jesus as Lord pray right now:

Father, I know that I am a sinner and cannot obtain salvation in and of myself. I come to you in the name of Jesus asking that you forgive me of my sins, and to cleanse me from all unrighteousness and guilt. I trust and believe that Jesus died and rose again to pay my sin penalty. I accept this free gift of salvation, and from this day forward, turn my life completely over to the Lord. I thank you and praise you God for giving me a new life in Christ. Amen.

1 comment: