Friday, April 15, 2011

THE AMAZING LOVE OF CHRIST

THE LOVE OF CHRIST by Dr IFEANYI  OKWUOSA

So tell me please; why is it that our love is so subjective? Yes, you heard me; why is our love so subjective? Why is it so dependent on so many things? Why does it not happen because of so many things; how old he is? How old she is not? What job does he do and how much does he make? Is she beautiful? Is she really beautiful? Does he smoke and drink? Is he fat? Does he work out? And on and on. I cannot even begin to tell you about all the reasons we all have for not loving and being committed to each other. The world we live in today has deceived us all into believing that the people we should end up with should be of a certain social class and a “respectable” background and blah! Blah! Blah! No one loves honestly anymore and I am not talking about the butterflies in the stomach and the head spinning pseudo love that Hollywood plays out for us that is so perfect in its making that it just has to have a soundtrack. No! I am so not talking about that. I am talking about the love of Christ in our hearts and minds knowing that the Lord Christ came down and died for me and paid no mind to how pretty I am because I am not. Or how tall, dark and handsome I am because I just saw a tall, dark and handsome guy just now and I could not compare myself to him and I am a guy for your information.
Christ died for me and paid no mind to how much I make or what my educational status is or any of those fleeting and-frankly speaking-unnecessary things that we all seem to pay so much time and attention to. The Lord came and laid His life for me and all my life He has been chasing me and wanting me to give Him just a little attention. He watches me go out with people that He and I know are bad for me and will do nothing but corrupt me and even after I have resisted all His coaxing and nudging to not go with them, when I do, He does not abandon me and stay at home pouting and kicking himself in disappointment. No He does not. Rather, he goes with me and makes sure that even though I went to this dangerous part of town where all these murderers and thieves and all manner of evil people that he cannot stand are, he makes sure that I get home safely and when I get back from all my backsliding and mixing in with the wrong crowd that he talks to me and convicts me of His love that is genuine and honest and true and unbiased and he reminds me that he knew that was how I was but still died for me and he embraces me in his arms and talks about how much he loves me and wants me to be a big part of his kingdom and wants me to be his best and tells me that I am the best and he believes in me like no one else and makes me believe that I am the best and so I become the best and I feel so bad about all that I have done wrong and the Lord encourages me and strengthens never ever leaves me. That is my God, my Jesus; the lover of my soul.
We are so critical and analytical and held back and encumbered by ourselves that we do not even pay any mind to our brothers beside us who are dying and going to hell every single day. We do not feel the need to snatch their souls from the jaws of the enemy. We are so wicked that under the guise of minding our own business, we keep quiet and watch all our friends and brothers die and go to hell and we do absolutely nothing about it and it is so normal and... and... It’s amazing. Some of us have been Christians-or rather should I say: call ourselves and have called ourselves Christians- for so long and have sat and thrived under and enjoyed the love of our lord for years but have never felt the need to rise up and be an example and a help for another- that is just the way we were before He found us-that needs the love of the Lord so badly that we can all see it.
We cannot stop and consider just how many of us are never going to enter in to the rest of our Lord all because we are so selfish that we will not talk to the next person about the Love of the Lord. We cannot show the love of the Lord to a brother who is not tall and handsome or a lady who is not beautiful and sexy and could one day become the girl of our dreams. We will not sow the word into a life where we do not feel that there will be any reward or harvest in return. I mean... I mean what is this?! What is this? We are all backslidden in our love. Even after the Lord has polished us up and has cleaned us up and has made us into blessings to people, we withhold our sword when there is an opportunity to strike and we preserve ourselves. We will never contribute moneys or time or our energy to the lord. Let alone our very lives even though we know for a fact that we owe our very lives to the Lord. We are so full of it. So full of selfishness that we cannot put another before us and they dare not attempt to ask of us or we will rise up and inflate our chests and give 1001 reasons and get infuriated and do anything and everything just to skip out of being a blessing to someone else.
Remember my brother that the lord died for me just the same way and at the same time He died for u and everyone else who has ever walked this planet and remember that the only truth that binds all of us together is love. And if we do not have this, we are liars and thieves and no better than the company that the Lord delivered us from-who, by the way, also need Him.
Dearly beloved, let us not cleave so tight to our lives but let us give freely of our love and our lives knowing that the Lord gave us everything he had. Let us follow the example of our Lord and be a blessing to a lost soul today. God bless you.
The salvation of the world is our responsibility and we must rise up and make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment